Galloper internship - week 2

This is Andy Mee and I at the Galloper base.
I’m half way through my internship now and I have already met so many fascinating people! Last week Rebecca, who works for innogy, came all the way down from Swindon (In the storm!) to meet me. Her, Rachel, who works at TMS-Media, and I went out for lunch at the Pub on the Prom and happened to be sitting right near Steph and Dom from goggle box!

Later that week I went with Rachel to meet David from EPIC, who supply’s professional and skilled workers to both offshore and onshore, oil & gas and renewable energy companies. He also had the most adorable 3-legged dog!


This week I’ve been doing a lot of research into and developing a leaflet aimed at primary school children, in the hope that they learn about Galloper in a fun, interesting and engaging way. A few interesting facts I've learnt are that at maximum blade height a Galloper turbine is 108.5m tall which makes it longer than a full-sized football pitch and taller than Big Ben! Also, just one complete rotation of the blades creates enough energy to power a house for 29 hours.

Next week I get to visits the turbine assembly base in Great Yarmouth. Currently, the photoshoot tally still stands at 2 but I’m predicting a rise by the end of next week!

- Evie

Go follow Galloper on Instagram!
Click Here

Popular posts from this blog

Getting to know a pharmacist

Galloper Internship - Week 3

The Galloper Project